Arc Flash Studies
Premium Power has been providing Electrical Safety evaluations and solutions service to the Irish industry since 2001. We have a staff of highly trained engineers who have experience in conducting arc flash hazard analysis in the Industrial and Utility environments. Using proven software tools, we can carry out a complete study of the power network on customer sites and identifying the measures required to protect employees working in these areas.
Arc Flash Studies & Hazard Analysis
The Premium Power Arc Flash Hazard Analysis offers full analysis of your electrical network, development of a safety program, assessing the risk of the Arc Flash hazard at customer sites and recommending appropriate mitigation measures. The Premium Power service includes:
- Analysing the electrical network using advanced modelling tools (Paladin DeisgnBase)
- Developing a safety program to mitigate the risks associated with individual switchboards and electrical equipment
- Assessing the risk of electrical accidents giving rise to electrical arc flash
- Recommending the level of personal protection equipment to be used when working on any selected MV /LV switch room or switch board.
If you would like to know more about Arc Flash and its effects, please look at our:
Our service is fully customisable. If you have any questions regarding our Arc Flash hazard analysis service, you can contact us using our call back form.
Other parts of the Arc Flash hazard analysis service include
- Advisory on arc flash Personal Protective Equipment
- Providing all the information for the proper use, care and limitations of PPE ( Note: Personal protective equipment may, or may not, provide adequate protection in the case of Arc Flash Incident.)
- Network Modelling – Using advanced modelling tools for electrical networks, we supply wide range of information about the clients electrical network
- Load Flow Study – The great importance of power flow or load-flow studies is in the planning the future expansion of power systems as well as in determining the best operation of existing systems.
- Short Circuit Calculations – It’s important to protect personnel and equipment by calculating short-circuit currents during system upgrade and design.
- Protection Coordination – allows the protection settings to be graded throughout the plant in such a way that disruption and interruption of production equipment and systems is minimised in the event of a short circuit or earth fault taking place.
- Harmonic Injection Analysis – Evaluating the harmonic performance of a typical voltage industrial power system and influence of new equipment on the stability of the network.